2020 Scholarship Program
Competition, Exhibit & Awards
WAA would like to thank EVERY student who entered the 2020 Scholarship Program! We are thrilled to to announce this year’s Scholarship Recipients:
- 1st Place: Liliana Zapata – Smithfield High School, Smithfield
- 2nd Place: Enid Corcoran – Cranston High School East, Cranston
- 3rd Place: Kashton Fielding – Pilgrim High School, Warwick
- 4th Place: Victoria Venditto – Scituate High School, North Scituate
The following students have also received recognition through Honorable Mentions:
- Ava Caliri – Cranston High School West, Cranston
- Faith Lapierre – Lincoln High School, Lincoln
- Maya Schaffer – North Kingstown High School, North Kingstown
- Samantha Vye – Portsmouth High School, Portsmouth
The body of work presented by these students for jury was compelling, reflective of their generation, and representative of fine guidance by Rhode Island art educators. We thank our colleagues across the state and the Rhode Island Art Educator’s Association and Barbara Wunderler who worked closely with WAA this year to launch the Scholarship program. We congratulate all students on their courage to put work out for exhibition, but also for a curating process such as this. We wish them all the very best for future endeavors as emerging artists in our community!
Wickford Art Association’s annual Scholarship Program Competition awards four of Rhode Island’s top public high school artistic seniors with cash prizes funded by the Wickford Art Festival Scholarship Raffle, dedicated donations to scholarship, and funding through RIAEA – the Rhode Island Art Educator’s Association.
The four winners are also invited to exhibit and sell work in the 58th Wickford Art Festival, a nationally ranked, juried fine art festival.
Thank You Sponsors
Thank you to Rhode Island Art Education Association for their help coordinating the awards and working with WAA to inspire young artists throughout the state!