Photographic Arts Group
The goal of the Photographic Arts Group is to help our members achieve their potential in film and digital photography. We encourage sharing photographs for discussion and critique to help each other achieve that potential. Monthly guests are invited to present to the group. Technical and other aspects of photography are discussed at meetings as well. In the summer, the group heads out on photo shoots around the state. All levels of experience are welcome.
The Photograpic Arts Group is included with your paid membership to the Wickford Art Association. The group meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at the Wickford Art Association's Gallery at 7:00 p.m. For more information please email co-chairs Gina Campbell and Paul Mello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage non-members to meetings and shoots - please check in with leaders so we can introduce you to others!
SUMMER OUTDOOR SHOOTS
The Photo Arts Group heads outside for the summer! Join us on the 2nd and 4th Mondays at 7 PM for a new location, great people and lots of photography. Check back to see future shoots listed here. If you would like to lead a shoot, please email Gina Campbell at email@example.com
Thanks to all for coming along! June 11 at 7 PM - East Greenwich, RI: Barbara DeCesare will lead this shoot. Please meet in front of the E.G. Town Hall on Main Street at 7 PM (near Main Street Coffee). There will be lots of Street Photography, Architecture and Harbor Photography.
June 25 at 7 PM - Meet at World War II Memorial between South Main Street and South Water Street, Providence, RI
Leaders: Barbara DeCesare and Pat Newell
Some points of interest along the walk:
- Walkway sculpture along Providence River, south side of street
- Historical buildings on east side of South Water Street
- Point Street Bridge with walk path, along Point Street to Davol Square (Great view of Providence skyline)
- Super large construction site with crane on south end of bridge
- Utility stacks and Manchester Street Station along river beyond bridge
- Hurricane Barrier with raised highway at eastern end of river beyond bridge
- “Good Night Lights” - each night at 8:30pm, the Hot Club (opposite of bridge) blinks their large sign for one minute to say good night to children at Hasbro. If you are in the area at that time you can flash a light as well.
July 9 at 5 PM - Fort Adams, Newport, RI, $8 per person: Note: Only space for current WAA members is now available.
Get a "behind the walls" guided tour of Fort Adams. See areas of the fort not typically open to the public, plus great views of the bay and wildlife. Tripods are allowed, wear sturdy walking shoes and bug spray. Please RSVP by July 8th to Gerry Grabowski at firstname.lastname@example.org Tour guides will take small groups on an exciting journey through time!
July 23 at 7 PM - Location TBD, RI
August 13 at 7 PM - Location TBD, RI
August 27 at 7 PM - Location TBD, RI